The All-Important Two-Minute Window with Parents
Many children's ministries overlook these two minutes and miss a great opportunity to gain parents' confidence.
Most parents have no idea what happens during their child’s classroom time at church.
The only thing they know is what happens in the two minutes they are dropping off and picking up their child. In their mind, those two minutes are a snapshot of their child’s entire experience at church.
Many children’s ministries overlook those two minutes and miss a great opportunity to gain parents’ confidence.
Here are some tips on how to maximize those two minutes.
- Have activities going as parents are dropping off their children.
- Have leaders connecting with children as parents are dropping off.
- Make it fun. If parents see their children sitting bored out of their minds, they will think the whole service was that way.
- Play a review game as parents are picking up. This will give parents a quick snapshot of what their children learned.
- Have the kids sing an upbeat worship song as parents are picking up. Parents love to see their children worshiping.
- Avoid putting the children in front of a video. Parents will think their children just watched TV the whole service.
- Train your leaders to connect with parents and share with them what the kids learned.
- Greet each parent. Have a “pastor shaking hands at the door after service” mindset.
What other ways do you maximize the drop-off and pick-up time you have with parents? Share your ideas with us in the comment section below.