What Causes Kids to Hate Attending Church?
• Lessons that are not age-appropriate.
• Sssshhhhhh! Sit still and be quiet!
• Long services.
• Lessons that are not relevant to their lives.
• Teachers who do all the talking in class.
• When no one knows them personally.
• Music that is too "baby-ish."
• Music from 1950.
• Leaders and parents whose lives during the week don't match their lives at church.
• A church environment that feels like school, aka "Sunday School." The last place they want to be on Sunday is where they have been all week.
• Being stuck in a room that was decorated by adults for adults.
Mike Breen: "The transformation in your heart will bring the transformation in the place where you live."
The Bible Miniseries for Churches »