20 Things You Need to Know About Today's Kids
- They share information. They are growing up with the electronic cut and paste and forward.
- They are multi-ethnic. By 2050, there will not be a majority ethnic group in the United States.
- GM means food that is Genetically Modified.
- “Dude” has never had a negative tone.
- Having a chat seldom involves talking.
- Gaga has never been baby talk.
- Their rites of passage have more to do with having their own cell phone and Skype accounts than with getting a driver’s license and car.
- A tablet is not something you take in the morning.
- Plasma has never been just a bodily fluid.
- With GPS, they don't needed directions to get someplace, just an address.
- Their favorite feature films have always been largely, if not totally, computer generated.
- A Wiki has always been a cooperative web application rather than a shuttle bus in Hawaii.
- They have always been able to plug into USB ports.
- They absorb teaching methods that involve small-group collaborative learning rather than a passive listen-and-take-notes lecture.
- On average, at age 4, they will ask about 437 questions a day.
- They never twisted the coiled handset wire aimlessly around their wrists while chatting on the phone.
- Unless they found one in their grandparents’ closet, they have never seen a carousel of Kodachrome slides.
- They've always had hundreds of cable channels to choose from.
- Video games have always had ratings.
- History has always had it's own channel.
Your turn. What are some other interesting things about today's kids? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.
These lies are told every day all around our country, and people are believing them.