12 Great Ways to Get Kids to Pay Attention
- Ask them to repeat what you just said.
- Show a short video.
- Have them get up and move.
- Have them make something related to the lesson.
- Remove distractions.
- Place kids in groups and let them talk about a question.
- Let them make up the classroom rules.
- Play a game.
- Create an incentive or reward for listening.
- Take them outside of the classroom to a different location for a change.
- Let them help teach the lesson.
- Have a motion or signal they repeat after you.
Usually if the kids are bored it's because the teacher is boring. Engaged students pay attention.
What are some other things you do to help kids pay attention? Share your ideas with us in the comment section below.
These lies are told every day all around our country, and people are believing them.