January is a time for new beginnings. Make sure your group starts the year right!
1. Personally call every member of your group and remind them about the next group meeting day and get everyone’s commitment to be there.
2. Make your next group meeting in January a fun night, with maybe a potluck dinner and a “white elephant” gift exchange.
3. Invite a special guest. Okay, maybe it’s just someone you know, or maybe Horace Willard! Horace is the Saddleback member who has led over 8,000 people to Christ, and he’s willing to visit your small group with his stories and wisdom. Call him at 949.713.6332. Nothing like a special guest to get everyone to show up on group night.
4. As a group watch the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
5. Use Talk It Over for your small group study the first several weeks. This gives the entire group an opportunity to talk about the weekend message, even those who may have missed it.
6. If your group missed the last small group video from Pastor Rick on the special two video DVD, play it for your group at the small group life media center. It’s an exceptional video called Preparing for a New Year: The Five Ways God Renews Us. Be sure to download and print enough outlines for everyone.
Saddleback Church serves the Southern California community through more than 200 ministries, eight worship venues, six campuses, weekend worship services, a variety of counseling and support programs, Bible studies and seminars, local and global outreach programs, and a broad network of small groups meeting in local homes. Its purpose is to lead people to Jesus and membership in his family, teach them to worship the Lord and magnify his name, develop them to Christlike maturity, and equip them for ministry in the church and a mission in the world.