20 Reasons Your Church Should Have Online Groups
- Geography isn’t an issue.
- Free tools are available online (i.e. www.tokbox.com).
- Members can attend in their bathrobes.
- No disagreements about snacks (everyone brings their own).
- People tend to be honest more quickly in the online environment.
- It is NOT virtual community. It is REAL!
- Perfect environment for accountability groups.
- Any church (regardless of size) can have online groups.
- Online groups are great for pastors who are reluctant to be in a group.
- Online is just another group “location.” Homes, coffee shops, the church, online, etc.
- Free online group tip sheet is available.
- Easier to fit online groups into busy schedules.
- The online fields are ripe for the harvest!
- Hardly different from face-to-face groups.
- Perfect for stay-at-home moms.
- Business people can attend group from their offices.
- Great for people who can’t get out much.
- Viable group solution for churches in “bedroom communities.”
- Online is mainstream.
- Facebook and Twitter mission projects are FUN!
Susan Cain, author of "Quiet: The Power of Introverts," shares a powerful secret of introvert leaders.
The Bible Miniseries for Churches »