52 Ideas for Fellowship in Your Small Group
The key for group unity and growth is doing life together.
The following is a list of 52 possible fellowship gatherings that groups in my church have used through the years. This list is not exhaustive. There are some great activities that are not on it. Some of these activities will fit your group; others will not. It is meant to serve as an idea starter for your group so you can come up with your own activities and plans for implementing them. The key is to do it together.
1. Have a party the first half of the group meeting. Have everyone bring food, and use the time to talk and laugh and maybe play some games.
2. Have a group picnic.
3. Go to a baseball game.
4. Clean a widow’s house.
5. Serve in the church nursery.
6. Play softball.
7. Have a married couples’ date night.
8. Visit and hold a worship service in a nursing home.
9. Attend a Christian conference or seminar.
10. Go for a bike ride.
11. Camp together.
12. Mow and clean up a retired man’s lawn.
13. Serve food to the poor and homeless in a soup kitchen.
14. Serve as greeters or parking lot attendants for weekend services.
15. Have a cookout.
16. Go bowling.
17. Play volleyball.
18. Pass out Bibles door-to-door.
19. Take a short-term missions trip.
20. Go out to eat at a nice restaurant.
21. Put a roof on a disabled man’s house.
22. Take Christmas dinner and gifts to a needy family.
23. Watch a group member perform in a concert or play.
24. Go for a hike.
25. Help a group member move.
26. Have a holiday party.
27. Watch a special TV program.
28. Play board games.
29. Have a theme party and dress accordingly.
30. Visit a museum.
31. Go Christmas caroling.
32. Play soccer.
33. Go shopping.
34. Have a birthday party.
35. Visit a group member in the hospital.
36. Have an international dinner with a missionary.
37. Have a scavenger hunt.
38. Have an all-night prayer meeting.
39. Attend the funeral for the family member of a group member.
40. Play basketball.
41. Serve as counselors or sponsors at a youth activity.
42. Paint a needy person’s home.
43. Play Frisbee golf.
44. Bake cookies.
45. Serve in children’s church together.
46. Go canoeing or rafting.
47. Have a housewarming or dedication party.
48. Go to a concert.
49. Run an obstacle course.
50. Play paintball.
51. Have a pool party.
52. Go on a prayer walk.